The Roleplay Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Roleplay Zone

For the Roleplayer in everyone since 2009!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Track Review-Under and Over It-Five Finger Death Punch

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JZilla
Master of Metal
Master of Metal
JZilla

Track Review-Under and Over It-Five Finger Death Punch Empty
PostTrack Review-Under and Over It-Five Finger Death Punch

Hi guys!

So today I'm posting a track review for the FFDP song Under and Over it. Now FFDP busted onto the scene 2007 with their debut The Way of the Fist. This album became a success, and began FFDP's rise to fame. I actually kind of liked this album. It wasn't great, but it was a decent release and I had hope that this band would maybe get metal back into the mainstream.

However, now I wish they'd go away. Their follow-up War is the Answer was a pile of mainstream garbage that was filled with awful lyrics, repetitive riffs and below average drumming.

Now we're here 2 years later and sadly they have not gone away, releasing a single for their album that will come out later this year. Now this song sounds like pretty much everything they've ever done, except this song has below average riffs, which is actually kind of surprising, and decent drumming which is also surprising, seeing as Jeremy Spencer is pretty much Joey Jordinson without a mask.

Now the vocals are great. Ivan Moody has always been a good vocalist, even back in the Motograter days. The problem I've always had with Moody is his lyrics. They are absolutely horrible, and they are also horrible on this song. He actually says "suck my ****" in the song. If that doesn't tell you the lyrics are bad, what will?

All in all this is an average song by an average band. Moments of it are good, but it's not enough to make this song good, let alone memorable. Let's hope Death Punch goes away soon, before all of metal is labeled as mediocre by mainstream rock fans.

3/10
Thats it for now. Until next time...

Jzilla \m/

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAutumnDescent
Share this post on: reddit

Track Review-Under and Over It-Five Finger Death Punch :: Comments

2Xemnas2
Re: Track Review-Under and Over It-Five Finger Death Punch
Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:33 pm by 2Xemnas2
Josh don't forget the list boyyy . I'm eager to hear ur favorite songs and the key points in Wasting Light. I'm not asking u to do it any time soon. But next time u make the review, it betta be mine. Or u will die Wink

Track Review-Under and Over It-Five Finger Death Punch

Page 1 of 1

Similar topics

-
» Album Review-Five Finger Death Punch:American Capitalist
» Metallica new song The View-Track Review
» Life or Death [2] ~ RP
» Review 3:Fallen
» Review:ICP and Miku

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Roleplay Zone :: BLOGS :: Music with Metalman-
Jump to:  
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 160 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:40 pm
Latest topics
» Break The World - marauders era rp
Track Review-Under and Over It-Five Finger Death Punch I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2021 7:26 pm by Xaria

» heyoooooooooooooo
Track Review-Under and Over It-Five Finger Death Punch I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2020 3:10 pm by Xaria

» dont mind me
Track Review-Under and Over It-Five Finger Death Punch I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 7:53 pm by Xaria

» hey guysssss
Track Review-Under and Over It-Five Finger Death Punch I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 5:20 pm by Xaria

» writing then and now
Track Review-Under and Over It-Five Finger Death Punch I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 7:29 pm by Xaria

» THE BOREDOM CHAT
Track Review-Under and Over It-Five Finger Death Punch I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 11:26 pm by Xaria

» umumumumumumum
Track Review-Under and Over It-Five Finger Death Punch I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:35 pm by Xaria

» like um we need to um
Track Review-Under and Over It-Five Finger Death Punch I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:19 pm by Xaria

» Gem Kingdoms REMAKE ((Apps))
Track Review-Under and Over It-Five Finger Death Punch I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 8:03 pm by Xaria

» Ever After High RP ((Apps))
Track Review-Under and Over It-Five Finger Death Punch I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 3:05 pm by Xaria

Top posters
awkwardlyAwesome (4624)
Track Review-Under and Over It-Five Finger Death Punch AjosxTrack Review-Under and Over It-Five Finger Death Punch ZeeeWTrack Review-Under and Over It-Five Finger Death Punch Fh755 
Xaria (4240)
Track Review-Under and Over It-Five Finger Death Punch AjosxTrack Review-Under and Over It-Five Finger Death Punch ZeeeWTrack Review-Under and Over It-Five Finger Death Punch Fh755 
2Xemnas2 (1973)
Kanon (1918)
Shadow Kitten (1711)
Neko_chan (1598)
MisaTange (1518)
xReiReix (937)
JZilla (694)
Caseroos (631)
Like us on Facebook!
Copyright Protected!
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Checker