The Roleplay Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Roleplay Zone

For the Roleplayer in everyone since 2009!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Review 5 - Dragon Cave

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MisaTange
Yaranaika?
Yaranaika?
MisaTange

Review 5 - Dragon Cave Empty
PostReview 5 - Dragon Cave

Sorry for not updating for two weeks; I'm still alive! I'll write up a few quick paragraphs about my current favorite game, Dragon Cave.

First of all, its strange addictiveness wins the hearts of ten thousands of users. Simply just getting four eggs and raising them happens to be addicting, of course, or maybe concentrating on your goals and getting that particular species is quite addicting. Either way, pretty awesome.

The fact that the administrator actually interacts with the users made me proud. I'm not even talking about bans, suspensions. No, nowhere near that. We're talking actual, real posts. He posts important stuff for newbies to read and actually discusses suggestions. (I can imagine him reading the most replied ones) He even pops a not serious post every once in a while. Little do you see administrators talking about ANYTHING. Lesser so 'joke posts.'

On the topic of administrators, something that's making me proud is update posts at least every month. Releases, issues, new staff, pretty much anything new is updated in the news area of the forums. However, recording progress on what's new isn't usually posted. Ruins the excitement of it!

Now, the gameplay. While it doesn't have a storyline, PERIOD, as I said before, it's strangely addicting. Grab four eggs, raise it until it becomes a hatchling, (child) and then raise it until it becomes an adult. It might be due to the fact that you, the user, needs help from other users to get other types of dragons, whether it be from Dragon Cave Wiki, a small question, or 'AP trading.' Either way, pretty awesome.

Now, the little extras. There's creative writing and Breed-Specific Actions. You can put a description of your dragon, but getting descriptions actually approved takes a long process. It's not because there's only one admin, it's because moderators have lives too. (Moderators in the forums all have the ability to approve or deny descriptions. They get the final say) Breed-Specific Actions are these little things that help your scroll in some way. Earthquake is a useful but risky BSA that gets your dragons to hatch extremely quickly. Incubate decreases the days by 24 hours. Bite has a chance of getting a dragon to turn into a vampire. Fertility, soon to come, increases the chance of whatever dragon you choose breeding successfully. Teleport, also soon to come, is actual 2-way trading or 1-way transferring. ('Trading' used to be passing eggs through the abandoned page)

Overall, definitely, definitely addicting and extremely enjoyable. I've played this for three years (on and off). Sparkly 10/10 for me.

Requests in comments.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Review 5 - Dragon Cave :: Comments

No Comment.

Review 5 - Dragon Cave

Page 1 of 1